BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Review

Improves our users' collaboration with clients, but zipping and uploading logs takes too long

What is our primary use case?

The BlackBerry Suite is used for mail, collaboration, instant messaging, and secure browsing.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the ability of our mobility users, such as business partners, to collaborate with their clients a lot more freely and without having to carry multiple devices.

It also improved the way all the applications work together. The activation feature was a big improvement from the UEM. It was a big improvement to activate applications with one authentication. That was a big plus for the user experience.

What is most valuable?

The most important would be instant messaging and the security that we get from the containerization.

When I say security, I mean policies that we can put down, not allowing our data to be leaked. Since we're a BYO shop - bring your own device - we like to make sure that the company's data is secure and not being leaked.

What needs improvement?

It takes a lot of time to export the logs, zip them, and upload them. With Good Technology, there was actually a feature from the GUI, right from the console, I was able to send the logs. I was able send my server logs to Good and that was very convenient. What I'm noticing now, and it feels like I took a step back, is that I have to zip logs again and upload them. And that takes a lot of time.

I know for the BlackBerry Connect, our users want to see more features, such as audio and video. I know the current version doesn't have that. I think that's one of the major features in the collaboration when it comes to the messaging part, the Connect.

It is very stable. I haven't had any major outages. The only issue we have, and I don't think we have too much control over it, is when devices, OS's such as iOS, do an update that breaks the application. That's usually beyond our control.

The scalability is great for our organization. I haven't had any issue with performance.

Technical support is above average. The only thing I would like them to improve is, when I open up a case, I don't want to have to see the script requiring me to tell them what version I'm on, what patch, serial number, etc. I feel that as soon as I open a case, that information should already be uploaded. I shouldn't have to give my version I'm running every time I open a case.

In terms of taking care of us, it depends on what the escalation point is. If it's an emergency, usually I usually get a call right away. We have Premium Support so we do get good support. In terms of the amount of time, sometimes they tend to investigate or we have to inform them to escalate to an engineer for certain things. But, overall, it's above average.

Previously we were a Good Technology shop and Good was purchased by BlackBerry. Before this product, we evaluated VMware AirWatch and I think the better move was just going from Good to Blackberry because, at the time, it was still the better solution.

The setup wasn't complex. It was a lot better than the older versions, and that is because they integrated the Good Technology. The Good Technology, I have to say, was really good.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good, secure product. It still needs a little more development to grow. I would say test it and see if it fits.

Overall, I give it a strong seven out of 10. The reason is that work is needed when it comes to other platforms, such as Windows and Mac. But as for mobile devices, I think they're spot on.