BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Review

Every version upgrade has been straightforward

What is our primary use case?

The primary reason that we use it for is notifications.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite (BEMS) or its predecessor, users could not be notified of their mobile messaging arriving on their device. They had to pull it, but this is a push function. Users rely on it. People want to know where to get devices when a message arrive.

Whenever we have issues, people rely on the ability to check messages promptly.

What is most valuable?

The primary usage for BEMS is Apple pushing notifications for email. Without that, it does not work, but that is the primary feature for which we use it. There are secondary features, such as link, but it is not a critical feature.

What needs improvement?

For BEMS, they could configure the secure documents to be easier to work with protective documents. However, this is not a critical app at this point that we use, so I am not chasing after it.

From the past to the present, before mobility location, we frequently required a restart. The newer version is better in this regard. Things do not get disconnected as much as before when, for example, we do an Exchange update, then Exchange service was interrupted. When this happens, chances will be that we need to restart the enterprise core services on the BEM Server to reconnect a everyone. Now, this particular issue is happening far less than before.

The newer version is pretty stable.

For our company, scalability is not a problem. It is not even approaching anything that I would need to be worried about.

BlackBerry tech support overall is pretty good. We have premium support, so I do not have anything negative to mention.

Previously, we did not use anything else. In this company, it has always been BlackBerry and Good (which BlackBerry bought).

Every version upgrade has been straightforward.

We may have looked at other MDM solutions other than the BlackBerry line of products, but it is the product that is already in place.

What other advice do I have?

It is a straightforward product, but it definitely needs support.