BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Review

It has good ease of use, and it's intuitive

What is our primary use case?

It is for our personal mobile devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Compared to the product that we upgraded from, we have received great responses from our end users who are appreciative of the following:

• They can access their calendar in events better than the other product that we were using.
  • They can access their attachments.
  • It is a faster connection.
  • The interface is much better than what we had previously.
  • It is overall great for setup.
  • It has good ease of use.
  • It's intuitive.

What is most valuable?

• The security aspects of it.
  • Being able to access emails within the active sync.
  • It is a secure container product.
  • It having some browser capabilities and fast connectivity.

What needs improvement?

The console needs improvement. It does not provide all the information that we are looking for as far as who has installed a certain product. I understand this should be coming later, but it should be available now. There is a space for it now.

As far as being able to remotely wipe a device, or remove it from the console, this is not simple to do. It is not a one-click motion, as it requires several steps. So, clean-up on our side is not easy.

Trying to determine when enrollments have not been activated, or expired, is something that should be available within the console, but it is not there.

There are some gaps for our administrators to be able to do things a little bit easier.

Less than one year.

As far as stability, for the majority of this migration, it has been pretty stable. I do not have any complaints about it.

For scalability, the information that we were provided initially, it has helped us be able to scale this out with what we are trying to do, which right now is just email and web. If we needed to scale out further for additional applications, we probably would have to make sure that we can handle the number of connections. At this point, we have been just trying to do an apples-to-apples migration, and we are scaled well.

We are used to calling in for Level 3 support. In some aspects, since it is a good product that was revamped for BlackBerry, it has had its hurdles. I am used to them knowing the product inside and out, but it does take a few cycles to be able to get up to speed as to what we need.

A lot of issues that we are experiencing are being handled with upgrades. If it was just a simple how-to type of call, they are very good with that. If it requires additional troubleshooting and a deeper dive, with some of the issues that we have experienced, we have had to go find that person or two who knows the system very well. It would be beneficial to make sure that people are better trained for some of the tougher problems that come up with configuration.

We upgraded from Good, so we had no choice but to upgrade because it was at end of life.

The upgrade was simple, but it took a while to complete.

Over the years, we have evaluated other products to implement, but decided not to go with them.

The product that we were initially going to switch to, it had issues with being able to handle the upgrades that Apple was pushing. It caused some constraints with not being able to fully update their product and being able to update with the iOS updates. It caused a lot of confusion, so management was not satisfied with their level of response.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you read the planning guides, so you can thoroughly plan your architecture accordingly.