BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Review

It's easy to wipe the container remotely, but we need a third-party to manage it

What is our primary use case?

We use it for mobile device management and email and calendar on the mobile devices. It has performed very well. You get the odd device where you need to reinstall it because something is broken.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit is having email wherever you are and having access to your calendar wherever you are.

What is most valuable?

• Keeps things secure.
  • It can remotely wipe the container.
  • Fairly easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I'd like there to be more in the core product rather than having to buy additional products. For example, being able to trace your devices after an emergency is an additional product you have to buy to do that properly.

Three to five years.

We've had issues with devices not responding and needing to be reinstalled, but from the server side things seem to work, it seems to be fairly stable.

We're only a small organization so it has managed our number of devices quite well. I'm a bit concerned at how often and how complex it is to upgrade.

Occasionally we've had issues that we've had to refer to technical support and sometimes it has taken a little while to get the right answer from them.

We had Good for Enterprise and then BlackBerry bought them that's how we ended up with BlackBerry.

For me, the most important criteria when selecting a vendor are capability, ease of use, and price.

We had to have a third-party to do the setup.

At times we've looked at everything that was in the market and Good and Blackberry were the only ones that had the capabilities that we needed.

What other advice do I have?

Have a look around. There are a lot of products out there now that have similar capabilities. BlackBerry may be a market leader but there is a whole lot of stuff it does that you may not require.

I would rate BlackBerry at seven out of 10 because it's too difficult to manage ourselves. We have to get a third-party in to do that. The fact that it breaks on some end-users' devices is also a concern and just the frequency and complexity of upgrades.