Blackberry Guard Review

Reasonable price, scalable, useful for Malops detections, and helpful for layered defense

What is our primary use case?

Basically, we are looking for endpoint protection. We have two products in place: Cybereason and Cylance. We are using both for the layered defense approach.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us in layered defense. If one of the other products does not capture what we require, it comes up in Cylance and vice versa. It helps in the security posture of the organization.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of things for Malops detections.

What needs improvement?

Their support needs improvement. We have to chase the Customer Success Manager a lot to get things done.

It should have more features in terms of portability. It should be more scalable on other endpoints such as mobile devices and BYOD.

I have been using this solution for more than a year.

It is stable. During patch updates, there are some issues with which we are currently dealing.

It is scalable. For a growing organization, it is good.

It is deployed across the organization. In terms of our plans to increase its usage, it depends upon whether the head of the organization wants to proceed with the product based on their support services.

We are not satisfied with their support. We are facing some challenges. They should be proactive, but we have to chase them a lot. This is where there is room for improvement. They should be proactively serving their customers.

We had some batch update issues, and we're still working on them. We are almost there, but it took a couple of email exchanges in order to achieve it.

Its price is reasonable, but there are other products that are cheaper than this.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CylanceGUARD an eight out of ten. It is a good product with good reviews, but there is room for improvement. For a product to have an edge on the market, customer support should be proactive.

Find out what your peers are saying about BlackBerry, CrowdStrike, eSentire and others in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.