Blackberry Protect Review

Lightweight, good support, and the protection against Word macros and scripts is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers and CylancePROTECT is one of the products that we offer to our customers.

The standard configuration is an agent that is deployed to every workstation. It protects against malware, scripting, and other threats using its built-in AI business logic.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are script blocking and macros within Word documents for stopping unwanted applications from running in the background.

The dashboard is good.

There is not too much overhead, which is good because you don't want unnecessary things that just build in bulk.

What needs improvement?

The process of whitelisting a script that you want to be able to run can be a little bit difficult, or awkward. Some enhancements to this process would be an improvement.

I have been working with CylancePROTECT for about three years.

The stability is very good.

This is a scalable product. About 600 people in our organization use it.

I have not personally been in contact with technical support. However, we do have a support ticket, the odd time, and I would say that the support is good.

The initial setup is very easy.

The management platform is in the cloud and there is an agent on each device.

We have an in-house team that deploys this product for our customers.

This cost of the license is approximately $5 USD monthly per user.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Blackberry Protect reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Blackberry Protect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.