Blackberry Protect Review

Scalable, with a straightforward setup and good virus protection

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for security purposes. I use it for endpoint protection and response. That's the only real use case for us.

What is most valuable?

The product works pretty well. It does a good job catching good viruses. While we haven't had a chance to test against any kind of ransomware attack, I know it works great and I'm not worried about its capabilities in that respect.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The solution has proven itself to be very stable and unobtrusive.

A user can continue to add endpoints and the solution will continue to perform well.

Technical support is helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

Having worked with SentinelOne, Cylance is good, however, it probably needs to add a feature similar to SentinelOne's rollback functionality. With this feature, if you get infected, with a click, you can go back to the pre-infection state. If Cylance could add this functionality to their offering as well, that would be ideal.

I've used the solution for only a few months at this point. It hasn't been too long. It's still rather new to me.

The solution's stability is good. Most importantly, it is unintrusive. Even when it really goes through a lot of resources, it remains pretty stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. it's reliable.

The scalability is very good. I can add additional endpoints and the solution continues to perform well. If a company needs to expand, it should be able to do so with no problem.

We have thousands of departments. We are quite a sizeable business.

My understanding is that technical support is quite good. I don't deal with them directly, however, I have heard that they are helpful and responsive. I would say that we are satisfied with the level of support we receive.

I've used both Cylance and SentinelOne. I have more experience with SentinelOne.

However, they are very similar in terms of their offering. both offer good performance and are AI-driven with good machine learning capabilities. Neither has an impact on an endpoint's performance levels. They offer good protection as well. The biggest difference is that SentinelOne has a rollback feature, which is something Cylance should consider adding.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward and very easy to deploy. A company would not have any issues with the process.

I don't have any information in relation to the pricing or the licensing. it's not an aspect of the solution I deal with.

However, I can say that it's my understanding that it is 20% less expensive than SentinelOne.

What other advice do I have?

We are Cylance partners.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's likely the most up-to-date version. They update them quite often.

I'd advise companies considering the solution to take some time to do a proof of concept to see how it would react in their environment and then decide if it is the right solution for them.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Blackberry Protect reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Blackberry Protect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.