Blackboard Collaborate Review

Document uploads and annotation features enable us to have productive meetings

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to meet with other teachers and to meet with students individually, as well as to meet synchronously for class. I'm a customer of Blackboard Collaborate.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided an additional way to connect with students and they feel like it allows for participation in a variety of ways. Students who may not be as eager to participate in a regular face-to-face setting have options in which to express themselves, whether it's voice, typing or chat.

What is most valuable?

It's great that you can upload documents to use as your reference throughout your meeting and you can annotate there as well. The screen share feature is helpful and useful if you don't want to share everything that's pulled up in all of your tabs. The quality is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

I occasionally had difficulties logging in because I think that the system was overloaded with too many people. It didn't have the capacity that we needed for the number of students we had who were trying to log in at once.

An additional feature they could include would be a better tutorial video on the solution. Other than that, it's great.

I've been using this solution for three months.

It's stable for the most part. It's difficult to know whether problems are connected to the product or if they're coming from my end.

It's scalable in that you can work on multiple things at the same time but when too many people have logged on, there can be issues. I'm not sure how many people would be using this solution at any one time but there are 189,000 students at the university and many faculty and staff in addition to that. We have a techie who helps out when needed.

I had a tech specialist help with the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Blackboard Collaborate reviews from users