BlazeMeter Review

It can push large numbers of simulated users at our applications and provides access to detailed reports.

What is most valuable?

The ability to push large numbers of simulated users at our applications and having access to detailed reports: This helps us to have peace of mind that our apps can stand up to production-level loads and beyond.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer have to guess whether deploying new code will affect performance or not. This ensures we are ready to meet customer demand, even at peak traffic times.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have better insights when tests fail to run properly or when the load engines occasionally break. There have been times when a test fails to start, sometimes due to a bug in my script and other times due to a problem on BlazeMeter’s side, that have required contacting support. It would be better if the interface proved enough feedback via logs, etc., for me to determine the cause and possibly fix it without needing to wait for BlazeMeter support.

I have used BlazeMeter for three years.

Occasionally, we have long wait times or trouble starting tests.

One load engine was not sufficient to run the JMeter scripts that I’ve written. Scaling up to seven load engines largely eliminated these issues.

Support is adequate. Getting initial responses for support issues can sometimes be slow.

It was very straightforward to upload the JMeter scripts and supporting files, and start running tests.

It is somewhat expensive, but the amount of testing and peace of mind it gives us is well worth the cost.

We considered creating our own internal JMeter farm, but in the end decided BlazeMeter would do a better job of end-to-end testing.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to improve your website performance and ensure maximum uptime by load testing your system from end to end, then there is no better solution that I have found. It is extremely simple to setup.