BlazeMeter Review

Enables us to monitor our application instances as well as our database to see where the bottlenecks are

What is our primary use case?

We use BlazeMeter to run simple POST requests against our application to simulate heavy load. We can then monitor our application instances as well as our database to see where the bottlenecks are.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us simulate heavy load situations so we can fix performance issues ahead of time. This ensures that we are ready for real customer load.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is simply the ability to have a basic POST request while simulating many users at one time. Being able to determine either a number of iterations or having all users hit the application for a duration, are both useful options.

What needs improvement?

My only complaint is about the technical support, see further details below regarding customer support.

It would improve the product if their Chrome extension allowed you to modify the JMeter settings.

Less than one year.

So far I haven't encountered any issues so it seems very stable to me.

We have only used basic, but for one thousand users, it works great.

Their support is pretty good and normally gets back to me within one day. One time, instead of the support rep taking the time to understand the details of my inquiry and source of my confusion, they pointed me to documentation to assist me in finding the answer on my own.  On the documentation page, I had to go into a few links in order to find the answer. The rep could have easily said "here is the documentation where we have the information, and you'll need to go here and do this to fix your problem."

I appreciate when support makes it feel like they understand your exact issue and then tell you exactly how to fix it. I also prefer when support gives you exactly what you need as they know the product best.

BlazeMeter was the first tool that I used.

I found the initial setup to be pretty simple. I'm using JMeter, so I had to do a bit of research myself on how to change some of the JMeter settings that their Chrome add-on does not allow you to modify.

This solution was recommended by a colleague, and I did not evaluate other options.