Blue Prism Review

Easy for non-coders to use, but lacks in document processing capability and testing tools

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and I develop RPA solutions for my clients.

Blue Prism is one of the RPA products that I develop bots for.

Most of our clients are interested in automating processes that are related to payroll and other aspects of finance.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Blue Prism takes away from the work required to complete manual tasks. Also, repetitive tasks that are completed using RPA are more accurate, compared to those done manually.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that people with zero coding knowledge can use Blue Prism very well.

The user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism is lacking in document processing capabilities.

The addition of better testing tools, or some kind of test suite, would be an improvement.

If this solution had a framework for exception handling then it would be very helpful. As a developer, we have to put exceptions in as the first step.

This product does not have AI Fabric or process mining tools.

I have been using Blue Prism for about a year and a half.

There are no issues in terms of stability. It is as stable as any other tool.

The scalability depends on the code that we write. For example, there are business objects as well as processes. If they are architected and coded properly then it is very easy to scale with less effort. I have no complaints regarding scalability and it is as good as other tools.

I have only been in contact with technical support one time when I had some issues writing Blue Prism certifications. They responded within one day.

For any technical questions that we have, we look at the forums for answers. Blue Prism have their own community and the forums are very good.

I am proficient in UiPath as well as Blue Prism, and I have just started using Kofax RPA. I am also looking into Automation Anywhere.

Of all of these solutions, I prefer to work with UiPath. Blue Prism does have an advantage that non-coders can work with it. However, it lacks in document processing features that are available in Automation Anywhere and UiPath.

I am not involved in the installation of the RPA tools, although my understanding is that the initial setup is quite easy and doesn't take long.

My IT team handles the deployment of Blue Prism.

The licensing fees are low compared to other tools.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the use cases. For example, if you are looking into processing invoices then Blue Prism is not the tool that I would choose because the others have better OCR capabilities.

If document processing capabilities and a test suite were added then it would be great because our customers who need these features would not be forced to use other products.

If I were to rate this tool in isolation then I would score it a six or seven out of ten. However, as I am comparing it to other similar solutions, I have to score it less.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More Blue Prism reviews from users