Blue Prism Review

An all-in-one product with good exception handling and nice debugging features

What is our primary use case?

Normally, we work with the insurance and financial sectors. We create automations for reconciliation, account opening, account closing, and similar processes. Mostly, we work with Windows and mainframe applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the exception handling and embedded control room.

This is an all-in-one product, so you don't need to have another application.

The debugging in Blue Prism is very nice.

They introduced AI and machine learning capabilities in-house, rather than third-party.

What needs improvement?

The intelligent automation, like document processing, is lacking and should be improved. I would like to see PDF processing capabilities, and invoice automation templates.

Technical support is in need of improvement.

We have been using Blue Prism for the past four and a half years.

The stability is fantastic and is one of the great points of this solution.

This product is easy to scale.

We have seven or eight people in the company who use Blue Prism on a daily basis.

I would rate the technical support a five out of ten. Sometimes we have problems because we understand the technical aspects, and they will give us a workaround instead of explaining that something does not work.

Technical support is an area that needs to improve.

In addition to Blue Prism, we use UiPath and Power Automate as well.

UiPath is more advanced, technology-wise, than Blue Prism, and they have more functionality. That said, Blue Prism has a beauty of its own.

Blue Prism is cheaper than UiPath.

The initial setup is really simple. Most of our clients already have their VMs up and running, so it normally takes a day to deploy, or a day and a half at the maximum.

We do the implementation in-house.

The DBA can perform the maintenance because we have a script running, and it's really easy maintenance.

Blue Prism has a really simple licensing model, where the licenses are not confusing and there are no hidden costs the way there are in UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Blue Prism to first think about what their reason is. Based on that, see how they want to bring the product into the sphere. They have to think about infrastructure and then what kinds of applications they want to automate. This will dictate how they need to configure their hardware and environment.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

6.6
More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.