Blue Prism Review

An easy-to-use solution with multi-bot architecture and the capability to handle a huge amount of data

What is our primary use case?

I work for the healthcare industry, and I use it for claims orders. We have claims orders, and we have integrated service manager tickets to bring tickets from different locations or websites and update them to the SharePoint tracker. From there, we send any notifications to the concerned person.

I am currently working with an on-premise solution that is connected to the cloud UI.

How has it helped my organization?

We are trying to speed up the process for our client because, being in the healthcare industry, they do have a lot of defects and issues. They are working on the latest products, which have different defects and issues. Being able to speed up this process, provide information to different business people, and make things easy is the value add. These tickets are also related to claims audits, so it would also speed up the claim process.

What is most valuable?

Blue Prism supports the multi-bot architecture, which is really good. It is also really good at OCR. Blue Prism is integrated with Abbey OCR, and it provides at least 90% right information on period documents. This is something that is really good in Blue Prism.

Blue Prism can deal with a huge amount of data. We can track each and every record, and then we can see the data. If you don't have much coding experience, it makes it easy to build automations and deploy them. It is also easy to learn and easy to work with. It has a lot of features, which makes it reliable for any sort of automation.

What needs improvement?

The activities that we do are a bit difficult to do in Blue Prism as compared to UiPath. UiPath provides create activities and create packages related to AI analytical skills. This is something that Blue Prism doesn't have.

I have been using this solution for more than one and a half years.

We don't interact with their technical support. I work in an environment where we implement use cases and give them to the clients. We build use cases, do UAT for these use cases, and then deploy them for our clients. The clients already have their production support team for support. If there is any issue in the production, we do support the clients.

All these use cases are something on which we work with a fixed scope. These are not things that can be built on long-term projects. We just focus on trying to get the use cases from them, and we then build, implement, and deploy them.

I also use UiPath. When comparing Blue Prism and UiPath, there are some pros and cons in both tools. UiPath does some of the things really well but lags behind in some aspects and vice versa. Blue Prism is really good at something like multi-bot architecture and tracking of the tickets for the records. UiPath provides create activities and create packages related to AI analytical skills, which is where Blue Prism lags behind.

It was a bit complex because when I started with RPA in 2018, Blue Prism was not a free source tool for us, which is where I found difficulty in learning things and becoming familiar with all the products in Blue Prism. UiPath was a free source tool, and they provided most of the training and made it easy for us. They also provided a free community version for us, which was helpful in learning it.

I don't have an idea about Blue Prism, but I have an idea about UiPath. UiPath is scaling its business in different products. It has got products for intelligent document processing (IDP) to test or log integrations for chatbots. If you want to work on something like a true test automation, you have to buy a test book. In such cases, they have a predefined way of working with, implementing, or running things. This is where I see that UiPath might be a bit costly or expensive when compared to Blue Prism because UiPath charges for each and every product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Blue Prism an eight out of ten. It is a good tool.

2019
More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.