Blue Prism Review

Good execution speed and object reusability, but it is expensive and they need a recording feature for developers

What is our primary use case?

I'm an IT consultant and I implement Blue Prism for my clients.

What is most valuable?

The only good thing about Blue Prism is the execution speed.

The interface is okay; it is like drawing a workflow map, which some people prefer.

What needs improvement?

For developers, they should have some kind of recording feature. Their competitors have this capability, so it is a big thing.

If you execute too fast then your code dies.

The stability can be improved by building something on top of it, code-wise. When you are running the software, it needs to attach to whatever window you are on, and then you need to build it separately. This is where you get stability.

This solution is scalable because they have an object library, which others do not have. In terms of reusability, it's great.

My clients are enterprise-level organizations.

In terms of support, they have almost everything for Blue Prism. They have tutorials and other such materials.

I haven't raised any tickets with them, so I do not know about their real support model.

I use UiPath for the most part.

I have some experience with Pega RPA but it's garbage, so I don't use it.

The initial setup is straightforward. You just need SQL and then you can install it.

Ultimately, this should be set up on the cloud using Azure or another provider. however, there are lots of companies that haven't brought their automation off-site, so they are on-premises deployments.

This is a very expensive product and this is the reason that they're losing their market share.

What other advice do I have?

I know that Blue Prism is trying to improve because they have acquired some other vendors.

To summarize, I think that this product is good for business but it's terrible for developers.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.