Blue Prism Review

Stable with good object modeling and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for finance, specifically accounts payable.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our organization in that our AP administrators and AP clerks don't have to put the information into the ERP. The RPA does the transfer upon approval over to the ERP system. You don't have to code and create backend APIs or custom code to integrate the systems. It makes things much easier overall.

What is most valuable?

The object modeling is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's been quite helpful for our organization. The reusability of it has been great. Being able to create an object and use it for multiple processes has been very useful for us.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The reporting system, specifically the system admin reporting could be improved.

If there were more business analytics, that would be quite helpful.

In general, however, the solution isn't really lacking any features.

I've been using the solution for three years. It's been a while at this point.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's extremely reliable in terms of performance.

The scalability has been good so far. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease. It's not a problem.

We have several hundred users on the solution currently. Blue Prism operates on the enterprise level and the activities of the digital workers happen on the servers. So virtually no one needs to interact with it directly. It's mostly on an administrative level that there are some people accessing the application and its reviews, exceptions, and things like that.

I have limited familiarity with other RPA products.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

The installation itself takes maybe a couple of hours, however, the customization, depending on the complexity of the process, can be anywhere from six weeks to eight months. It really depends on the complexity.

Per five digital workers, you need one or two individuals for maintenance.

We are an integrator. We are able to help our clients set up the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller of the product.

We've been working with the most recent version of the solution in our organization.

I have been happy with this solution overall. I'd rate it at a ten out of ten.

More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.