Blue Prism Review

Offers a helpful automation readiness assessment tool, but lacks capability for attended automation

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is in the financial department.

How has it helped my organization?

It offers assessments by way of a robotics or automation readiness assessment tool, which was quite helpful. Otherwise, it is much like other automation tools.

What needs improvement?

This solution is lacking attended automation, which is the worst thing about this solution.

Less than one year.

We did not push the boundaries of our implementation beyond what you would normally expect for this type of solution.

We have not dealt with technical support for this solution.

Specifically for Robotic Process Automation, we did not use a solution prior to this one. We have used Test Automation tools from Mercury Interactive, which seems to be where RPA started.

The initial setup for this solution was complex because our client did not refine the processes. There was no time taken to make simple, reliable, and high-volume processes.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody implementing this solution, or any other RPA project, is to start with the right processes. They should be simple, and suitable for high volume or repetition. Do not make the processes too complex.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.