Blue Prism Review

A cost-saving solution that our developers like and find simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in all area of our business. The most common use case is related to our financial sector and loan applications.

How has it helped my organization?

The most valuable improvement in utilizing process automation is the cost savings, but we have also had cases where the customer experience is enhanced.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is that our developers find it quite simple to develop processes, and they like to use this solution.

What needs improvement?

The licensing models for this product need improvement. Compared to other tools on the market, it is one of the most expensive.

We understand that they will be launching an OCR tool, and we are looking forward to this.

We would like to see some desktop automation, although we have been told that the product is not going to be taken in that direction. Rather, they will continue to focus on product automation and we will have to incorporate other solutions.

Three years.

We have had some problems in the Blue Prism environment. For the tasks our robots are doing, our success rate is between ninety-two and ninety-eight percent. So, there are some things that are not being successfully created.

We have managed to scale it up quite well, so scalability is ok.

There are approximately twelve thousand people who benefit from this solution. We have around twenty developers, and there are between one and two hundred people who have a direct connection to the RPA deployments.

We have had problems with the solution, but between our vendor and the Blue Prism technical support, we have managed to solve them.

This was the first tool that we started to utilize when it comes to RPA deployments.

I found this initial setup to be complex.

Our implementation was done using both our in-house experts and some external manpower.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to have some expertise in-house, and not rely solely on the vendor. Similarly, I don't think that it is a good idea to develop and manage your infrastructure based entirely on advice or direction from the vendor.

This is the first RPA tool that we have implemented, and we do not have a lot of experience with other tools. We are satisfied, but there is room for improvement.