Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce Review

Quite stable which is imperative to the industry we serve

What is our primary use case?

We were involved in implementing this product in many network branches of the Bank of Raiffeisen. It is used for transaction monitoring, automating invoicing, sending documents to customers, and other types of banking transactions.

What is most valuable?

I would say that the most valuable feature in Blue Prism's Virtual Workforce is that it is quite stable and this is imperative to the industry we serve.

What needs improvement?

One area that the product can be improved is the ease-of-use because it is not easy to work with.

Another area where it could improve is adding more automation features that it does not yet have like tended robots. Right now this solution only has unattended RPAs (Robotic Process Automation).

One of the additional features which I would like to see included in the next release is process recording. It is a feature that can actually record some process and convert the processes to code. This can save time so that development could be much more rapid. That would be a very valuable addition.

The interface is pretty user-friendly as it is, but I think it is also an area of Thoughtonomy which could be much better. So it is not bad now but there is quite a bit of room for improvement.

We have been using it since some time in 2016, so it has been three to four years.

The stability of the product is very good, which again is very important to our clients.

I think that the scalability of the product is very good. It is actually very easy to scale.

Group-wide, I think that our organization has somewhere between 70 to 100 developers. That is over 13 countries. We also have plans to increase the usage of automation in the future. We are trying to get our services into every single network bank. I don't know how that will happen and I don't know how long it will take. It is a big undertaking.

I do not know exactly what the pricing is that we get on the product but I know that we get a pretty good deal because we are a huge group. We have over 50,000 employees with good clients and plans for growth, so we were able to negotiate a fairly good price. In general, I am also aware that our organization is satisfied with the cost of the product.

I was not involved in the process of selecting Blue Prism. I have some experience with it and it works, but right now, I'm exploring other options. Specifically, I would like to make a strong comparison with UiPath. There may be other products to explore as well that can improve on our current RPA capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Blue Prism as an eight out of ten.

I do have some other reservations about the product. Personally, I would recommend using something else for automation projects, but I'm not in a position to make that choice in my company. I mean, it is a very good product for doing what it does. It is very stable and does its job. Somehow, even if automation of this type are fairly modern, I feel like Thoughtonomy was created for people who learned to code 30 years ago and not for the developers of today. It may not be taking full advantage of advancement in technology.