BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Review

Provides server provisioning with full automation.

What is most valuable?

Server provisioning with full automation.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many regions where more than 10000 servers are deployed. So it helps in patching and hardening of servers.

What needs improvement?

Remedy and Bladelogic server automation, due to its random behavior even if configuration is all good.

We have been using this solution for six years.

Sometimes there are stability issues because of random behavior, even if no change is done on the solutions level.

I think the solution is really scalable. It can handle huge numbers of servers with full network configuration. The only suggestion I have is, if you are implementing this solution, then you must have good experts on CLM. Otherwise, it can cost you a solution failure or huge monetary loss on the licensing part. And yes, going to BMC for PS is not at all recommend from my experience.

Overall, I would give technical support a rating of 7/10. There is hardly anyone in the BMC CLM support team who can help.

The setup wasn't complex since I already had good expertise with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing, a person must have knowledge on solution. Otherwise it will end up as failed solution.