BMC FootPrints Service Core Review

The software is very flexible and can adapt to your processes but workflows are missing.

Valuable Features

It accomplishes Pink Elephant certification for up to nine processes of ITIL. It is very flexible and can be adopted for any other processes to meet other non-IT business needs without developing any piece of code.

Improvements to My Organization

Now all IT related issues, problems, changes and even projects are more controlled using Footprints. We can monitor SLAs and the system itself notifies us when SLAs are about to be met so we can take action before that happens. We can build our own management board with IT key indicators based on SLAs, issue resolutions, first call resolution levels, etc.

Room for Improvement

Sometimes it is difficult to make the application do exactly what you need. Workflows are missing (solved in version 12 of the software and we will migrate soon) but they can be built using escalations.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

No issues encountered.

It's at a high level. They have solved all the issues we had (mainly configuration issues) in a timely manner.

It's pretty good too.

We used a solution we had developed using an Access database. It was difficult to maintain and keep developing.

A bit complex. Take into account that the software is very flexible and can adapt to your processes. The first step we did was to document our processes and then adapt the software to them.

Implementation Team

It was deployed directly by BMC so they had a very high level of expertise.

Other Solutions Considered

I also evaluated a Spanish product called EMAS from DS2 Grupo. It was also a very good solution, but it was not as flexible as Footprints.

Other Advice

You should learn well how to develop the software so you can adapt it to all kinds of processes of your company. Look into the new version as it improves a lot of workflows and much more stuff.