BMC FootPrints Service Core Review

Supports the convergence of ticket management, IT, and customer services

What is our primary use case?

My company employs this solution as our service desk management system. Our primary use case is the management service desk tickets. The solution tracks any technical issues, problems, and questions. The system provides all of the functionality needed to manage incident, problems, change and configuration management. The Service Catalogue provides end-users with an easy method to request new services.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, when we knew we had tons of tickets, without FootPrints, it was unclear just how many service desks tickets remained outstanding. Since integrating this tool to manage our tickets we have been able to capture all reports. This has allowed us to better inform the management team about just how many tickets have been processed, how many tickets are still pending, and the category of the tickets. This system has allowed us to see the big picture in regards to our service desk operations and helps with understanding our customer because FootPrints can record end-user interactions.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is the ability to receive valuable ticket status support in a timely manner with little to no downtime interruptions.

What needs improvement?

We need more customizable reporting functionality.

We could also use more collaboration of service desk tickets. This will allow for two departments to share the same information, track the progress of the total task scope no matter how complex the request is.

The system should allow for more flexibility, the option to view the settings and get rid of the settings I am not using. The solution needs to be easily configured. The user needs the option of enabling customizations within the navigation fields.

More than five years.

It's very flexible software but it depends on how customers configure their system. If the configuration is down the system will be very stable. If the configuration is not done very well the stability of the system is jeopardized; the solution possesses a lot of positive functionality.

Their service delivery response is mediocre. The customer service isn't bad or very good, it falls somewhere in the middle. I did have direct experience with a BMC partner and their service was very good.

We've examined the difference between ServiceNow and BMC FootPrints. We made the switch because our company has grown a lot over the past few years, so gradually we got more and more service desk tickets. We found it really hard to handle everything without a proper system in place. We couldn't handle the workload. After conducting some research we decided to use ITMS. That's the reason we switched to BMC.

I feel confident in saying that BMC FootPrints Service Core is definitely one of the best products in the market.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is the ability of the vendor to meet specific requirements and to offer a user-friendly design option. If a company can only offer a specific cloud version, it's much too limiting. We need a company that can offer excellent, on time, customer service as well.

We looked at ServiceNow but they only offered as a cold version. BMC is still the most suitable platform for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this product a rating of 8 out of 10 because it's a good system and it meets most of our requirements. It still has a lot of space to improve because the service desk function is changing all the time. This solution has to continually be innovative. It should also generate more user-friendly reports utilizing a collaborative framework.

Additionally, I would tell anyone looking at similar solutions to first figure out their most important requirements. Then compare their requirements with the function of the ITMS to ensure compatibility. While at the same time they should look ahead at future requirements such as the cloud configuration, along with other vendor capabilities before making a decision.