BMC FootPrints Service Core Review

A flexible solution with good features, good support, and good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for IT Service Management. These ITIL processes include change level management and incident problem management. We also use this solution for Ipro processes. We perform discovery for configuration management and capacity management for all of our platforms. We also use it for supply and contract management.

We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Smart IT.

The discovery feature is very flexible.

What needs improvement?

The problem is that there are several products, such as Smart IT for mobile users, that do different things. All of the products should be consolidated into a single application.

I would like to see full HTML file support in the next release of this solution.

The mobile version of this product does not support asset management.

We have been using this solution for almost two years.

We are satisfied with the scalability. We use an IBM mainframe, and we can discover it, and it supports many kinds of platforms. This solution is very scalable and it's good for large enterprises.

We have approximately four thousand users.

Technical support for this solution is good. We have premier support, which is in our contract, so we get support directly from BMC Global. We also have support by means of the partners, and directly from the vendor.

The initial setup of this solution is not complex, but it requires two main servers.

This solution has good pricing. Compared to other products, it is not expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is certainly a solution that I recommend for big enterprise. It brings a full solution for enterprise service management. Not just IT service management, but the whole enterprise.

This is a good product.