BMC Helix ITSM Review

Easy to install, good technical support, and it provides workflow management capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are not using this product. Rather, we are proposing it as a part of our solution because we have experience with the on-premise and the ROE (remedy on demand). We upgrade and do the installation for our customers.

What is most valuable?

What I have found to be the most valuable is that it offers the radius deployment package not only to the BMC cloud but also to the public cloud such as Azure. You can also deploy it to a private cloud.

The Helix platform is not restricted to the ITSM. It has the capability to do the workflow management, the digital workplace, the discovery, and the monitoring.

What needs improvement?

If you want to have to migrate from on-premises to Helix or from Helix to a ServiceNow, or from cloud to on-premises, it's easy but it requires additional tools. It should be included in the existing package, rather than clients having to go with a third-party tool. It could be offered to customers as a value on a separate line item.

There are some companies that provided a customized solution to identity what customization has been done, and to reduce the number of your upgrade cycle. If they had this type of solution included, it would be helpful.

In the next release, I would like to see AI used for classification or categorization.

I have been working with this solution since it's was launched, which has been a couple of years.

It's a stable solution.

It's easy to scale.

I belong to a larger enterprise. With this solution, you can go from smaller organizations to a large enterprise.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is easy. Within a few hours, you are up and running.

It's straightforward to install and configure it.

Pricing on the licensing depends on how you want to position it. If you are looking for some kind of professional services form the OEM then you would have to purchase that.

When you evaluate other products they all have their pros and cons.

The cost differs, as well as some of the functionalities.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and I would rate it an eight out of ten.

More BMC Helix ITSM reviews from users