BMC Helix ITSM Review

Good incident management and reporting, ease of access, and stability

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for service requests and incident management. It is being used for all problem tickets and change requests. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

We find the incident management module the best. The reporting part is also useful. We use a feature called smart reporting, and it is very beneficial for us.

What needs improvement?

Its performance can be improved. Sometimes, there is a performance issue, and it is a little slow and difficult on the usage side. It would be beneficial for us if there is a lighter version of this solution.

There is also a limitation on the number of columns and memory for extracting a report, and this functionality can be improved.

We would like to have better integration and UI in this solution. The user interface should be easy to navigate. Its integration with other tools, such as SharePoint or Jira, can also be improved, which would be beneficial for us.

In terms of new features, there should also be a mobile version. The desktop version is available, but the mobile version is not available, which is one of the challenges that our team has. For users who work on Remedy and who raise the ticket, it would also be very beneficial to have some chatbot features.

I have been using this solution for the past four years.

Its stability is good.

We have around 7,000 users.

Their support is sufficient and fine as of now. Our interaction is currently minimal. We generally use the community portal to contact the BMC team. We are also looking for other tools, and we are mostly connecting with the technical team.

We used a tool called HEAT. We were also using the VPN version of Remedy that had to be installed on a system. We were not using the web-based version of Remedy.

We migrated to this solution because it is available on the web, and it is easy to access. The previous one had to be installed on a system. If you wanted to raise a ticket and work on the ticket, the user had to raise a request for installation. There were a lot of other things that had to be taken care of before using the solution. That is the reason we moved to BMC Helix ITSM.

The initial setup was simple. It took around six months to one year.

We took the help of a vendor. For maintenance, we have a separate Remedy team. The maintenance of the cloud part is taken care by the vendor team.

It is not very expensive and not very cheap. It is somewhere in-between. Some of the features are more expensive.

There are also additional costs. If you want to use most of the features, you need to pay more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it includes all the best practices of ITIL and ITSM used across the industry. It is a good product.

I would rate BMC Helix ITSM an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
More BMC Helix ITSM reviews from users
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in IT Service Management (ITSM). Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.