BMC Helix Remedy Review

It provides ticket history, but is complex to use.

Valuable Features

The trouble ticket history is valuable if the technician details the resolution of the problem noted.

Improvements to My Organization

It tracks all trouble tickets and provides a ticket history. Problems can be researched and solutions applied based on past tickets. It lets the organization know how well the Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 folks are doing.

Room for Improvement

Making it easier to use is very important, and the searching of tickets should be an easy procedure instead of being complex.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for three years.

Some settings in the browser had to be adjusted for daily operations.

None that I am aware of.

Most responses are via email support, but the system is quite complex.

They're good.

No, this is the solution the government went with, but after taking a look at BMC Remedy and performing a cost analysis, I did not suggest buying this product. However, powers above me wanted Remedy so it was purchased.

It was complex to setup.

Implementation Team

A vendor team setup the initial configuration, and an SME was available for configuration issues. A day's training class, just on how to use it, was provided.

ROI

I would estimate that it is quite low, or running at a loss.

Other Solutions Considered

I provided my report three years ago, but my suggestion was not taken.

Other Advice

This is a complex product that is quite expensive and there are other solutions out there at a lower cost, or you could work a trouble ticket system by using a Microsoft product.