BMC Helix Remedy Review
MyIT is simple to use and its mobility is a big plus for our on the go users

What is our primary use case?

Managing our customer products, problems, and take-ons as well as our IT  operations and change management. We also use it to manage our ever growing infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

The MyIT product has given our end users a much better perception of Remedy and made the product look more fluid. This has made people more likely to log calls rather than do work offline allowing us to get a better picture of what is going happening on a daily basis and monitor trends correctly.

What is most valuable?

MyIT is simple to use and its mobility is a big plus for our on the go users.

What needs improvement?

SmartIT could include PR. This would help us greatly in bridging the gap between Remedy's views and SmartIT. We would love to see this feature in the near future.

More than five years.

From time to time, but I think that is our fault due to extra processes that we implemented to fit our business needs.

No issues.

Its mostly great. Sometimes, it takes a little while on the more complex issues, but generally it is fast.

HEAT. It was a dated product with limitations.

At first, the setup was complex, but we have evolved since then.

We implemented in-house. Our whole team is well-seasoned in Remedy.

It is costly, but it is well worth it. Just make sure you really sit down and look at what you will be using per user, therefore you will not be surprised with a big bill. You do not want every user having every license, it really is not needed.

We did not. We went to Remedy because we knew it was the way to go.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. Demos are easy to come by. Speak to others using the product. If you are a medium or enterprise business, it is a great value.