BMC Helix Remedy Review

What is our primary use case?

• Logging of incidents
  • Work orders
  • Purchase orders and change requests

We use this to track all future development requests from our end users.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides a clean front-end for our users to log requests and has rich ITSM functionality.

What is most valuable?

MyIT application for logging and following up of requests. It is much more functional than the old SRM request application.

What needs improvement?

The Approval Central system needs to be refreshed.

It would also be beneficial if there was a text-based editor for the workflow rules instead of using the developer studio, which adds a lot of time when developing quick solutions to problems.

More than five years.

No issues.

No issues.

Customer support is always fantastic and willing to help. No matter what time of day we have a problem. We always get a friendly, helpful support engineer to guide us through any small challenges that we face.

HEAT. We changed due to the rich functionality offered by BMC Software.

Initial, out-the-box setup was easy with no problems. The gathering of business data to import into the system was more complex.

At first, we used a vendor and then moved it in-house.

Not sure at this moment, as we have not been asked to provide that to the business.

Yes, FrontRange by HEAT.

What other advice do I have?

Look at cloud-based hosting to a provide a stable, easily expandable solution. We found on-premise did have a few challenges.

With a proper well laid out project plan and some good developers, this solution is able to meet any requirements that your organization may have.