BMC IT Business Management OnDemand Review

Tight integration with systems like SAP, Oracle Financials and Siebel

Valuable Features

• Tight integration with systems like SAP, Oracle Financials and Siebel
  • Demand management: It helps in planning methodology used to forecast or predict, plan for and manage the demand for products and services.
  • Finance planning & analysis: It helps accelerate planning cycles and make decisions based on real-time financial insights. It supports budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, performance management, and more. These features can help you track and control costs, and tightly align operations with business strategy, and control the allocated or budgeted costs vs. actual and forecasted cost.
  • Portfolio management: It is one of the very important functions in this space because in my view it is the function that ensures that the portfolio of IT projects, applications and infrastructure are providing cost-effective benefits to the organization. It is the centralized management of the processes, methods, and technologies used by project managers and project management offices to analyze and manage projects.

Improvements to My Organization

I belong to an organization that provides implementation services to our customers, so it is our customers who benefit and see improvements in their functions. I believe that the BMC ITBM solution provides valuable information to CIOs and other business heads, and helps them take quick business decisions about how to manage and utilize their resources.

Room for Improvement

Better integration with other corporate finance systems would be an advantage. I personally feel there is room for improvement in this regard.

Other than that, I would like to see the out-of-the-box reporting support graphical representations that are easily integrated with Microsoft Outlook, Excel or PowerPoint.

Use of Solution

I have used it for five years or so. I am using other BMC products as well, such as its Remedy ITSM, BladeLogic suite, ProactiveNet suite, etc. I handle the department which provides services to our customers in the business service management domain, covering monitoring, event management, automation, ITSM, analytics and dashboards around the health of all these solutions.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is satisfactory.

It is a straightforward process to implement and configure the product.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing is good, and discounts from the vendor are possible, if you are buying a decent quantity from them.

Other Solutions Considered

My organization is a service provider and we do provide our services for different vendor tools. BMC is one of the vendors for whom we provide services.

Other Advice

It is a decent product. There are many similar products available in the market, so prepare a list of everything you really need in the solution. According to that list, compare the different products and score them.