BMC MainView Review

Enabled me to solve production problems faster or even avoid them preemptively with warnings

What is our primary use case?

MainView is used as a central point of view to control and monitor systems on the mainframe like z/OS, CICS, MQSeries IMS, or DB2

How has it helped my organization?

MainView has enabled me, in the past, to solve production problems faster, or even avoid them preemptively with warnings.

What is most valuable?

The integration of IMS commands is very useful, because you do not have to switch to another tool to problem solve solutions.

What needs improvement?

More visualisation and support for mobile devices would be good. An expansion for distributed systems would be great, but probably not workable.

We did use IBM OMEGAMON, but switched to BMC MainView, because it is easier to use, more flexible, and it also came in a software package.

If you already use other products from BMC, you might be able to get a package deal from BMC's sales department.

Yes, we had IBM OMEGAMON, but decided against continuing to use it, because BMC MainView was more valuable.