BMC Remedyforce Review

Stable with good performance and support, but the CSM features need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use Remedyforce for our IT helpdesk. For our internal users, it keeps track of incidents.

We are also a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we like best is the stability of the product.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement.

I would like to have a cloud-based service portal.

I have been working with BMC Remedyforce for seven years.

The stability is very good.

Remedyforce is pretty much scalable. We have about 4,000 employees who use it in our organization.

We have a premium support contract and it has been good for us. Whenever we raise an issue, they are responsive and help us.

We did use a different solution prior to BMC Remedyforce, but we switched because it wasn't easily customizable and we had trouble onboarding it. Basically, Remedyforce is a more powerful product.

The installation is easy. However, configuring the tool around the processes can be complex.

We have our own team of technicians who took care of the implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Five people were required to complete the deployment, while maintenance is handled by three.

We are currently looking to upgrade our environment to a SaaS-based solution. The replacement for this solution, BMC Helix, is one that we are trying.

What other advice do I have?

This product has now been deprecated and is no longer available for sale, so I cannot recommend that other people use it. They have been offering the smaller BMC Helix and we are currently evaluating that as a replacement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More BMC Remedyforce reviews from users