BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Review

Good reporting and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is primarily used for tasks such as incidents management, service requests, change management, task management, and business management.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are incident management, service requests, and change management. They are all very helpful to our organization in terms of doing the work and management we need to do.

The initial setup is very easy. It's quite straightforward.

The solution scales well.

The stability is good. There are no bugs.

The solution is very easy to use.

The product offers very good reporting.

What needs improvement?

The product offers quite limited memory. That needs to be expanded.

They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface.

The product could offer better integration capabilities. Right now, we are trying to integrate some on-prem solutions to Remedyforce. We're having some problems doing that right now.

Due to the fact that the solution must be accessed through the internet, if your internet is not good, you'll have trouble accessing the product.

It would be ideal if there was an on-premises option.

Technical support can only be reached via email. It would be nice if we could speak with them directly.

I've been using the solution for about five or so years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It works well. However, it does depend on the internet connection. If your connection isn't good, you may have issues staying connected and using the solution appropriately.

There are about 8,000 users that are on the solution in our company.

The solution is quite easy to scale, however, it does depend on the license. If you want to scale, you need to move to a new license tier.

Technical support is okay, however, you need to communicate with them via email. There isn't really a portal where you can initiate direct contact.

Yes, Microsoft System Center Service Manager. I used the Incident management, service management, and reporting module of MS SCSM. I found MS SCSM unstable solutions. It takes too much time to generate a report, if you are extracting the report and doing other tasks then it will be hanged or crash your system. Hard to customize. Not so user-friendly a solution.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. Remedyforce is on a cloud platform, which makes it very easy to set up. It's very easy and quite straightforward.

The solution, being on the cloud, requires very little maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did not need to enlist the help of any integrators or consultants. It was handled very easily in-house with our team managing it.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not a part of the product I directly deal with.

It's my understanding that there are different tiers of licenses, and, if you need to scale up, for example, you need to move to a bigger tier.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with BMC.

We currently use the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

Remedyforce is basically built on Salesforce. We are using the Salesforce Service Cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the integration capabilities were more robust.

More BMC Remedyforce [EOL] reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with BMC Helix ITSM
Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.