BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Review

Good integrations and very stable with excellent alert functionality

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to record IT events and instances. For example, if someone is working within the office but suddenly their test op doesn't work, they'll call the IT service support desk and the desk will take the call and record the instance on the Remedy system.

We'll also use this system to record and send out notifications to all related staff so that they know about the status of relevant activities and tasks.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at integrating systems.

The solution is very stable.

There are good alarm systems in place. When something goes wrong, or some switch has a problem, Remedyforce can recognize it and send alerts to the operator.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring system could be improved.

It would be helpful if the solution was more open-source so that there is more community content available.

It's hard to find information about the solution online. We'll sometimes use the internet to look for technical answers, and we won't be able to find it.

The solution is quite complex, and because of this, you need assistance from BMC for implementation and often for troubleshooting as well. We don't like this kind of situation. We want to be able to know how to use the solution completely and handle everything in-house. However, you tend to have to rely on BMC. Only they know the details of the product.

The solution shouldn't just cater to IT departments. We also use it with HR and it would be helpful if the solution offered a few more HR-focused features.

I've been using the solution for a decade. It's been about ten years.

The solution is a very stable product.

The solution isn't scalable.

We've been in touch with technical support and the team is awesome. They are very good to work with. We've been quite satisfied with the level of support we get.

Before joining this company, I used an HP product, but I do not recall the name of it. Compared with HP, BMC is much better.

I believe the solution's initial setup is complex. I joined the company 13 years ago, and the system already existed, so I didn't handle the initial setup. However, the system has a lot of customizable functions, so it's not plug and play. It can get quite complex because a lot of items need to be customized before deploying the solution. The deployment will take a couple of days at least.

An organization looking to implement the solution will definitely require the help of either BMC or a BMC partner. In our organization, it's very helpful to have assistance as we are not as skilled. A consultant engineer or analytical engineer that comes from BMC will have certifications. They know the system very well and it takes knowledge to deploy everything correctly.

The licensing model is complex. For example, some parts are based on the company (how many people use it) and some parts are based on the service model. It differs.

What other advice do I have?

We have around 500 people in our company and at least half of them will come in contact with this software daily. I don't think too many people are very familiar with it, however, because it has to be updated continually to accommodate some new functions.

I'd advise other companies that the product is very powerful, and if they want to keep their old servers, they should be careful. It's a big software system and it's not very open. They won't be able to find too much information about it on the internet and will have to rely on BMC directly quite a bit. The solution is highly customizable, however, meaning it will quite easily fit into almost any company's requirements.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More BMC Remedyforce [EOL] reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with BMC Helix ITSM
Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.