BMC TrueSight Operations Management Review
The ability to fulfill the role as a manager of managers is fantastic. We integrated a number of other monitoring tools into BMC.‚Äč

Improvements to My Organization

I have used the BMC product in two separate instances, the one was as a monitor of monitors for an ops bridge to have a single view of all monitoring tools reporting into one source, this worked extremely well.

The other instance was as a managed services looking at multiple different customers across South Africa.

Valuable Features

I believe that the ease of use and UI is great. The ability to fulfill the role as a manager of managers is fantastic. We integrated a number of other monitoring tools into BMC.

Room for Improvement

I think the ease of deployment needs to be looked at. It would be great if the deployment was faster and easier.

We experienced no issues with stability on both BMC and HP.

Only issue we experienced with scalability was that the maximum growth needs to be catered for in the initial build. Planning needs to be done carefully.

Technical support from BMC was good, had to wait a little longer some times for a response which complicated things with the client.

The companies I worked for were BMC shops from start to finish, made use of Remedy, BCO, Control M etc. Companies wanted the best of breed.

The setups were not complex but there was a large amount of pre-deployment and planning that went into the solutions.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The solutions are not the cheapest but are robust and stable. License model is rather complex and BMC do often change the model.

Other Solutions Considered

Other products were evaluated, such as HP and IBM as well as various opensource solutions.

Other Advice

My advice would be do not cut on the planning time as well as testing time, UAT, SIT as well as FIT.

Also make sure that you have the correct infrastructure in place and also cater for the intended growth.

1 visitor found this review helpful

3 Comments

HenryReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 5

Cool review. Is BBC going to lead?

Like (0)06 July 17
Elvis SequeiraReal User

The solutions work great as manager of manager and also when it is integrated with other true sight products. BMC has put good efforts in latest releases by integrating and creating unified view via app visibility manager.

Like (0)10 July 17
reviewer599178Real UserTOP 20

I believe in the Enterprise customer base BMC is going to lead. As mentioned above BMC have the ability to simply integrate anfd view in the Manager of Managers. This is critical in environments where there are multiple existing and legacy toolsets. A single view is key to empower the resources that need only critical information displayed so that fast and effective response is gauranteed.

Like (0)10 July 17