BMC TrueSight Operations Management Review

Eases cross launch between multiple tools and improved monitoring views and dashboards

What is our primary use case?

Performance and Availability monitoring.

Putting all the infrastructure and application and various monitoring into a Service Context for Service Monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

Faster, more efficient, better views for the operators to view. A more centralized approach to managing the infrastructures. Improved app visibility features.

What is most valuable?

TrueSight Operations Manager is a combination of different components (applications) like Presentation Server, Impact Manager, and AppVisibility Manager and IT's Data Analytics, but it provides a seamless integration and a holistic view with Application and Infrastructure Health views.

It provides common administration, and a Single Sign-On Platform with RBAC, which eases the cross launch between multiple tools and saves the need to configure users for all the different components and improving monitoring views.

What needs improvement?

There are no broader areas of improvement. It would vary, environment by environment. As such, there are no outstanding bugs or defects that are not documented.

No. TSOM 10.7 is quite stable provided it is installed with the vendor recommendations, which are created by the experience drawn from customers and the complexity of the environment.

No issues with scalabilty. The customers where I have implemented this have ranged from small to very large. I have never faced any deployment challenges in any of these cases.

Excellent support from the vendor. Support technicians and developers are all available to help if there is an issue. Support cases are tracked and the resolution (of the same) is pushed to be done faster.

No, I have always worked with BMC Solutions for infrastructure and application monitoring.

Yes, the setup after the design of the solution was pretty straightforward. The vendor has a lot of free Webinars where they will explain the best practices to design a solution and the best ways to implement it. These guidelines can be used to build custom guidelines for the customer.

Implemented with in-house team, have been interacting with Vendor team as well with excellent expertise in Truesight Operations Manager.

I have not dealt with the pricing or licensing, so I cannot comment.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

It is quite an efficient tool. There are continuous improvements being performed to satisfy the customer needs, but like any other tool or automation, it has some issues.

TrueSight offers a global solution with possibility of end to end integration.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners.