BMC TrueSight Orchestration Review

A Scalable Monitoring solution that is easy to install, but not intended for Complicated Environments

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to monitor our server, internet, and networking.

I am currently looking for another solution.

What needs improvement?

The architecture of this solution needs improvement, it is very complicated. It creates a lot of problems in our environment. Most of the time I am trying to find and solve the problem.

I haven't been monitoring. I was told that because I am using advanced monitoring and alarm monitoring, it is causing a problem. However, it is my environment and I cannot change it.

I am now looking for better monitoring.

I have been using this solution for five years.

This solution has a lot of bugs. It is not stable, but again, our environment is very complicated.

This solution is scalable.

We have not contacted the Technical support directly. Instead, we have a company in Isreal for support.

Previously I was using IBM Fiberlink. I switched because of the price of Fiberlink.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did not use a vendor or integrator to implement this solution, we did it ourselves.

We looked at other solutions but focused on Fiberlink and BMC Truesight Orchestration.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, no one company can give you all of the abilities to monitor your environment when it is complicated.

It is better to look for a solution that suits the needs of your environment. You may even need more than one solution to do better monitoring.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.