BMC TrueSight Server Automation Review

Support usually can answer any of our questions in a short amount of time and solve our most complex issues

What is our primary use case?

• Automate maintenance of servers
  • Patching
  • Compliance and remediation
  • Auditing
  • Installing/updating software

How has it helped my organization?

When WannaCry appered, it was very simple and easy to create an audit job that scanned our servers for the vulnerability. We were then able to determine how many servers were affected and perform patching accordingly.

What is most valuable?

The ability to script and create BL packages to perform various functions. This makes automating our environment relatively easy to do.

What needs improvement?

A better CLI Database cleanup tool would help us with our regular maintenance of BladeLogic Server Automation.

BMC support is great. They usually can answer any of our questions in a short amount of time and solve our most complex issues.

Before, we used SCCM. I believe we made the switch because patching, compliance, and auditing were much better than with SCCM.

Not applicable.

I don't know.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have a DBA.

8.9.0
More BMC TrueSight Server Automation reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about BMC TrueSight Server Automation. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.