BMC TrueSight Server Automation Review

Easy to implement with good documentation and technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are evaluating this product in search of a better automation solution for our system. We are using a private-cloud deployment on AWS.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is the schedulings. We want to have them set up to handle as much automation as possible to reduce the resources involved with the project.

The documentation for this solution is good.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see this solution handle more multitasking. We would like to schedule it for a number of servers, for example, one-hundred servers, and duplicate that task.

This solution would benefit from having additional features.

We are just beginning our three-month evaluation of this solution.

The stability of this solution seems to be good. So far, the automation we do in the background has run on schedule, and the functionality is really good.

We have tested it on a small scale of fifty to one hundred servers. We have almost twenty-five hundred servers, so we will deploy on a larger scale perhaps six months down the road.

Technical support for this solution is very responsive. The team has opened multiple cases and all of them have been resolved for the first two weeks.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward.

We are just starting to deploy the product. Right now we're sampling about fifty systems to do automation, such as updating and rebooting systems.

AccuData is our vendor for this solution, as well as for other products. They have been a good vendor.

If it does what we expect, and those features are improved, then I think we will see ROI within the next two years.

We're looking at less than $100,000 USD for this solution.

At the end of the day, we have a budget for these automation tools. If this one fits our budget then we'll go for it. If not, then we might have to find a solution that is more without our range.

What other advice do I have?

This evaluation is a team effort. There are three of us involved in the project, and we're looking forward to seeing how it goes. We have a wishlist with our priorities, and we'll see if it satisfies what we want.