Board Review

Gives us a lot of data modeling flexibility, in addition to solution scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for BOARD is sales analysis, as well as financial planning, analysis, and budgeting. We are also highly leveraging the CPM portion, as well as the BI tools that BOARD provides.

So far, it is performing extremely well. We are very happy with the new updates and new releases. We have had very good support.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits of the solution are a lot of flexibility from a data modeling standpoint. The product can add specific line items into our budget, for example, or if we want to make changes to the data model, we have that flexibility. Therefore, flexibility and scalability are some of the strongest qualities that BOARD has.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of BOARD is that it is comprised of a full bundle package solution, while being a BI and CPM tool. Meanwhile, some of its competitors are either/or, but not both.

What needs improvement?

One thing that I personally would like to see is additional visualization tools for visuals. A lot of its competitors are releasing different iterations of their BI visual tools.

Stability has been perfect. We have never had any issues from downtime.

We are not nervous about our future with BOARD. We are very confident.

We were using a different solution and needed to increase automation, and we needed to stray away from Excel spreadsheets and the combination of different tools and mechanisms.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor are

• Partnership
  • Cost
  • Scalability
  • Implementation.

I am actively involved in the setup. We have set up our sales portion. We are about two weeks out from having a full release for our financials.

It is a complex tool and very sophisticated. We get a lot of use out of it. Thus, we expect complexity with flexibility.

We used consultants to support us with the implementation and to initially set things up properly. They were absolutely supportive and knowledgeable.

We looked at the big players: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Vena Solutions, and QlikView. We did not feel any of these solutions were perfect.

What other advice do I have?

I would say the best is yet to come. Based on all the new, upcoming releases, features, and eLearning. If you are looking to make a decision, you should defer from making a decision right now, because the best is yet to come.