Bomgar Remote Support Review

Allows you to remotely access devices on difference operating systems on or off your corporate network.

What is most valuable?

• You can access any device, running basically any type of operating system both on and off your corporate network to support users and their devices remotely.
  • The solution works in a way that lets you control and repair a device as if it were sitting on your own desk.
  • You can make your service desk work more efficiently with Bomgar Remote Support because you can integrate the tool into your existing ticketing system.
  • Everything done during sessions is logged into session transcripts and video recordings, if you want. This helps during audits of remote access tools.
  • The solution integrates with MS Active Director. That makes user authentication simpler and also safer compared to other local options.

How has it helped my organization?

We integrated Bomgar in our ITSM platform. Now our help desk engineers can start a remote session straight from a help desk ticket. All the logging and notes of that session are stored in our ITSM platform. They can help more employees faster without spending time copying, pasting, and administering help desk calls.

What needs improvement?

The configuration and permission options are extensive. However, we would appreciate having a search function in the settings.

We have used the solution for one year.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. We use the virtual appliance option that lets us upgrade the hardware specs if needed.

For globally oriented customers, Bomgar also offers Atlas clustering with appliances that can span multiple data centers and locations around the world.

The technical support is excellent. Bomgar also offers a very rich, technical documents website online. Their support team is more than willing to help you out if you have implementation or configuration questions.

We have used other solutions, but Bomgar has a superior security architecture compared to the competition. It lets us control remote access in a granular manner.

The setup was very straightforward. Their concept is simple for everyone to understand. The technical documents help when you have doubts about anything while implementing.

Their manner of licensing is a little bit different, depending on your deployment option. They offer both on premise and cloud deployment that involves a perpetual license plus maintenance or a yearly subscription.

We didn't evaluate other options as we had previous experience with a different remote support tool.

What other advice do I have?

Make an inventory of all the remote support tools your organization currently uses. Try to consolidate them by using Bomgar.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: ImaKumo is also the European partner of the US-based software vendors ServiceNow and Bomgar. We do resell Bomgar, but we also implement it and have more than a few dozen projects delivered in our records.