Bomgar Remote Support Review

We have received a substantial time savings when resolving device issues

What is our primary use case?

I use Bomgar Remote Support as a help desk tool to assist our internal employees across multiple states address issues with their individual PCs, cell phones, and workstation issues. It is also used to remotely retrieve data from unmanned workstations in our remote offices.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the largest values that we get from Bomgar Remote Support tool is the ability to assist our drivers with their mobile devices. We were unable to do this previously.

The time savings that we experience from being able to get hands on with a device experiencing trouble, and the time to resolve an issue is substantial. It gives me the ability to work on projects and more important aspects of our company's technology.

What is most valuable?

Remote shell and file management are critical tools that I leverage regularly on the Bomgar Remote Support platform. Also, the remote reboot feature is particularly valuable for rebooting terminal servers that have power controls disabled.

What needs improvement?

The product is pretty well rounded, but there are a few things that could be improved.

• Static notes for hosts: If I could enter notes on a Jump Client and have them appear every time I connect to that Client, it would be a huge benefit.
  • The screen annotation tools could be expanded. I would like to see a text/typing annotation tool.

The product is extremely stable.

No stability issues. Just buy another license/seat when you need it.

Support is very responsive and great to work with. It is not common to need support very often. The product does not really run into any issues.

I have used other tools in the past, but this was the first remote support tool that we have purchased.

The setup is complex. Purchase the remote implementation service and make them slow down and work with you.

In-house.

Our ROI is immeasurable, but we are well in the black.

In my experience, Bomgar is a superior product. Although the upfront cost is a bit overwhelming, the appliance will pay for itself in less than two years.

We evaluated LogMeIn, TeamViewer, WebEx and GoToMeeting.