Bonita Review

Good integrations, helpful for quickly building workflows, and has a Community edition

What is our primary use case?

We are an implementation partner, and we implement Bonita. Most of our implementations are on-premises.

It is used for process and workflow automation. When there is heavy customization in the process Bonita is the best compare to other products in the market. We have implemented 30+ processes for various customers (Pharma, Manufacturing, Financial). The tool is very easy to use and built on open-source technology. Easy to integrate with external systems.

What is most valuable?

Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff.

What needs improvement?

I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful.

We have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is robust enough to scale to additional properties. You can also have a clustering mechanism. It is robust enough for a workflow solution.

We have four active customers, and we have done implementation for close to eight customers.

We are their premium partners. They are very helpful and nice. They provide very good technical support.

It is a very straightforward process. It is a hassle-free installation. It took less than four or five hours.

We have a team of close to 20 members. For simple implementations, we have two to three members.

Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Small and medium businesses can use this product.

I would rate Bonita a seven out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Bonita reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.