Bonita Review

Valuable Features:

Process modelling and web screen development

Improvements to My Organization:

The major improvement that I see is a paradigm shift to how work should be accomplished over how the industry has always been forced to do the work. Historically, there was a 'no man's land' between the business analyst and the developer. Web developers have been asked to understand the business process models without knowledge that the real business analysts have always had at their finger tips and visa-versa.

BonitaBPM allows the BA's to model the processes and produce the base screens at the same time. This removes the need for back and forth exchanges between the team disciplines, reducing errors and time. It also allows the developers to spend their time doing what they know and are well paid to do, coding.

Room for Improvement:

The menus likely would be more intuitive if read in French. Things seem to be under strange headings at times. With experience this is a minor issue for the gain.

We only use the open source product, so this is not a real complaint as much as a statement: Support for the open source is only at the highest levels of usage. Getting down to the details is an exercise one needs to plan for or purchase the commercial offering.

Other Advice:

I hope to use this product for many years to come. It is more than helpful, it is worth the effort of learning to better our company.

2 visitors found this review helpful