Bonita Review

It doesn't use any type of proprietary scripting language, like in some other BPMs. Documentation and examples could be enhanced.

Valuable Features:

I was tasked with evaluating three different BPM vendors for my organization. Of the 3 I evaluated, Bonita was the best in:

• creating forms
  • ease of customization of forms
  • versatility of supported platforms (we have both Macs and Windows machines, and the Studio will work on both)
  • It is the only BPM platform that I've seen so far that allows for versioning of artifacts.
  • Though we'd like to have a totally non-programming implementation, Bonita facilitates scripts where needed. It doesn't use any type of proprietary scripting language, like I saw in some other BPM products.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our first use case is not in production yet, but our business users have expressed how they feel it will add the needed checks and reviews to an area where data was updated without any type of review process.

Room for Improvement:

The documentation and examples definitely could be enhanced.

Use of Solution:

6 months

Deployment Issues:

Not in production yet.

Stability Issues:

It has been very stable in our dev environment so far.

Initial Setup:

It was very easy to install both the studio and the server engine.

Implementation Team:

We installed it via our in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered:

BizAgi, Process Maker

Other Advice:

Before choosing any BPM product, definitely do a real world POC with and test ease of connectivity to external systems via REST or SOAP, evaluate ease of form development, and ease of custimization.

2 visitors found this review helpful