Bonita Review
Java integration is powerful enough to solve any complex problems

What is most valuable?

• Process automation with Bonita BPM is really easy.
  • Price to service ratio with Bonita BPM is good.
  • Forms to interact with users are really good in Bonita BPM.
  • Integration with existing systems is easy with Bonita BPM connectors.
  • Java integration is powerful enough to solve any complex problems.

How has it helped my organization?

I have solved a lot of Banking problems using Bonita BPM, from customer hiring to credit evaluation.

We have developed more than 20 processes in banking industries using the Bonita BPM platform.

What needs improvement?

Automation in vacation of a human resources replacement would be a good improvement in the product.

I have been working with Bonita BPM for five years.

I have used Bonita BPM since version 5.10. The current version is 7.5.

The product runs steadily stable every time.

It is recommendable to use a stable version. This means do not use a new version. In example, if the last version is 7.6 it is recommendable to use the last update of 7.5. This is nothing different to other softwares.

I never had scalability issues.

I rate technical support with a nine out of 10. They have two support centers and they can cover all the time zones. Depending on the level of contracted support they can answer in a day or hours.

I do not use a previous solution but I tested some others before I used Bonita BPM.

I chose Bonita because their price/service relation. You have a good value for your money invested in Bonita BPM.

Initially with version 5, it was really simple to develop our first solution. We could to program our first solution without any training course. We used a consultant service just to configure our production server.

Now, I think that a training course is a good idea to apply the better practices using the product.

The price is good, but I do not like the process instance annual quantity pricing base used today.

Nowadays, I think the price would not be good for small companies. For medium and large companies, it could still be a really good option.

We considered ProcessMaker initially, but in those times (in the year 2012), Bonita was really the best option.

What other advice do I have?

If you are trying to use a BPM solution for a core business implementation, I would strongly consider to use a subscription version (a licensed one). Do not use a community edition for business core implementations: Just because of the support service. In the community edition, you will be quite alone because Bonita BPM community is not as active, like others.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partnership with Bonitasoft, SA.

1 Comment

Daniel LemeszenskiConsultant

I totally agree with "In the community edition, you will be quite alone because Bonita BPM community is not as active, like others."

04 January 19