Boomi AtomSphere Integration Review

Good data integration, reporting, and facilitates working with big data

What is our primary use case?

We are the most popular Dell Boomi integrator in the world and the first integrator for this solution in Japan. The primary use case is to act as middleware between legacy systems and cloud-based systems. For example, it will integrate legacy systems with products like Salesforce and SAP for both master data and transactional data.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers are happy because this solution improves both their functional and business areas. This is something that is very important to them.

What is most valuable?

We work on the flow between systems and the most valuable features for that purpose are the mapping of data, interface mapping, and data integration.

This solution can be used to interface with Hadoop to assist when working with big data.

Boomi AtomSphere can help customers to develop a PoC without having to set up an on-premises server.

The reporting is very good.

The Boomi Suggest feature is very important because it provides you with information about the experience that other customers have had and it can help with simulating processes, based on a large knowledge base.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more involvement between Dell Boomi and the end-users to help improve the customer experience.

I have been working with Dell Boomi AtomSphere for more than five years.

Although stability depends more on the team than it does the product itself, I would say that this solution is very stable.

This is a scalable solution that is used by very large companies.

Our relationship with Dell Boomi technical support is very good and we go to them when needed. However, we have a lot of experience and we typically provide solutions to customers without having to request assistance.

The clients in Japan who need to contact technical support directly are directed to the Australia support office.

The initial setup is generally very complex because, in a large company, you can't find anybody that has a global view of both business and technology. This means that you end up speaking with people on the business side, and they are not as familiar with IT. Ultimately, this makes it more difficult to create a PoC.

If the proof of concept is quickly deployed then the customers are generally impressed by the facility and the features that it provides. The length of time for deployment depends on having a good understanding of both the business and of the stakeholders during the proof of concept.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is made for large companies. Smaller organizations don't use these kinds of middleware applications because AtomSphere is used to integrate between large products like SAP and Salesforce.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a very good FDD. The functional description of the business processes should be very well described before starting this kind of project.

Overall, this is a very good product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Boomi AtomSphere Integration reviews from users