BotFarm Review

User-friendly, with helpful cognitive controls, but the machine learning capability needs to be enhanced

What is most valuable?

The best aspect is the UI, as it is very user-friendly. A business user can employ the tool as efficiently as a full developer.

The intelligent and cognitive controls that they offer are helpful.

What needs improvement?

The machine learning needs to be improved so that they perform better in terms of predictive analysis and sentiment analysis.

The documentation needs to be improved because it does not shed much light on how the product can be used. In general, the support can be improved.

The stability can be improved.

Having the ability to control the system from the cloud would be helpful, rather than setting up the environment locally.

I have been working with BotFarm for between four and six months.

Stability is something that they need to work on.

This is certainly a scalable tool. It is spread throughout the organization and our user count is perhaps in the hundreds. The roles of our users are varied. For example, it is used by the service processing team, and it is also used by the client where the product is implemented. There are also administrators who manage the overall control.

I would rate the technical support a six out of ten, as there is improvement needed.

In terms of RPA, I have experience with both Automation Anywhere and UiPath.

The initial setup is straightforward. I did not look at the cloud-based implementation, but the MSI installer for the on-premises deployment is a quick one. If the firewall and other things are set up correctly then the deployment will take between 15 and 30 minutes to complete.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to have a proof of concept first. It is important because it may be that some of the features required by the client are not included in BotFarm. As this is a very user-friendly product, it can scale into the organization once the PoC is complete.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More BotFarm reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)