BotFarm Review

Very stable and rugged, easy to use, and reduces time, but needs better UI, support, and flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We are using it mostly for financial applications, payroll processing, attendance processing, and expense processing.

How has it helped my organization?

The payroll processing used to take about a week's time earlier. Now, that has got reduced to one day. We are seeing this kind of reduction everywhere. There is at least a five or ten times reduction in the amount of time, and more people are free to do something else.

It has also helped a lot in the current situation where people are working from home. We are able to launch the bot from anywhere and get the work done.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. The learning curve was quite smooth.

It is also a very stable and rugged product. It doesn't break in the event of increased load. Even in case of load bursts, the AA platform was able to deliver seamless service.

What needs improvement?

Its UI could be made better. It should also be more flexible. Currently, it is more rigid, and a little more flexibility is required.

Their technical support should also be better. We are not very happy with their technical support. Its price is also quite high as of now. They should improve its price.

Its setup should also be made easier. It is quite complex to set it up. Even though we were able to set it up a little fast because we had done something similar earlier, but it has a very complex setup.

It is extremely resource-hungry. If they can make it a little light on resources, that would also be useful.

It is very stable.

We haven't tested it for scalability because our operations are pretty small. It is a small deployment, and for our current workload, it is working quite fine. We have five or six bots, and the number will increase over a period of time. We would like to bring in more processes and use IQ Bots for some intelligent stuff, such as for reading handwritten documents. We would like to use IQ Bots, especially for invoice processing.

In terms of users, our finance and HR teams are using it. We have about 10 to 12 users.

We are not very happy with their technical support. Their support should be improved.

The initial setup was quite complex, but since it has been set up, it is fine. It took a little more than a week. Its setup should be made easier.

Its price is quite high as compared to other solutions, but it has a lot of features and good stability. They should reduce its price.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a good use case, you should go ahead and use it. Ultimately, it depends on whether you have a good use case.

I would rate BotFarm a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More BotFarm reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.