Box Review

Organized and user-friendly with good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use Box for sharing content between devices. For example, if a call is received when we are out of the office, we can use Box to patch in and collect the data, off-site. For mobility purposes, It is better than SharePoint.

Within our company, there are just over 50 employees using this solution.

We use it frequently for documentation transfer.

What is most valuable?

Box is very user-friendly; more so than SharePoint.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, their website doesn't work properly. It could be improved with a better user interface.

The UI should be faster. Sometimes it lags when switching between documents.

Sometimes it is compatible with our other devices, but sometimes it's only allocatable to use in the proper way. It's not really optimized for high compatibility with other devices.

I have been using Box for six months.

The stability is good. I had never experienced any issues with it.

We have a limited document size (no more than 50MB) so we don't have any scalability issues.

Our team doesn't do maintenance, but they do provide some technical support.

I haven't personally contacted technical support.

We also use SharePoint. Overall, I prefer SharePoint over Box; but that's only because I am more familiar with SharePoint as I have used it longer than Box.

Our clients use this solution. I have never been involved with the initial setup.

I believe Box is cheaper than SharePoint.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool for everything. It's very similar to SharePoint.

I would recommend Box if you are going off-site to meet clients, for mobility purposes. If not, then I would suggest SharePoint.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Box a rating of eight.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Box reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with SharePoint
Find out what your peers are saying about Box, Microsoft, IBM and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.