Box Review

A free solution that allows us to store, edit, and share files on the cloud

What is most valuable?

Box is very realistic when it comes to sharing capabilities. The editable features and upgrading capabilities are great. You can work on a document online and save it online. The versioning is a very attractive feature. You can check the updates that were made to a document, and trace which edits each team member made. I also like that it prevents updates from occurring while someone is using it.

What needs improvement?

I believe there is still a desktop version; I used to use it in the past. If it's still in use, there should be a Microsoft Office plugin because most of the shareable documents are generated,  represented, or displayed in Microsoft Office. If there was a plugin that added some sort of toolbar in Office, that would be great.

Most of our digital content is now shareable. We can share a post on our Box account from Facebook. We can share a tweet from Twitter on our Box account. For this reason, it needs to be more viewable. Every website has a photo or some sort of location displayed on its website. You can find a logo for YouTube and Facebook and Insta and Twitter. You should be able to do the same with Box.

I have been using Box since 2013.

Box is very stable and secure.

Box is quite scalable, they offer several types of subscriptions. There's a free version that allows you to use it with almost full-feature access. Even in the free version, it gives you all you need.

I use the free version. It provides me with all of the features that I need.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to use this solution. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Box a rating of nine.

More Box reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with SharePoint
Learn what your peers think about Box. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.