Box Review

The ability to collaborate around data anywhere, anytime is the most powerful features of Box.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

The word Box has become a verb at Morehouse College. The Students, Faculty and Staff are constantly pushing the limits of the Box.com platform by finding ever more creative ways to use it!

One of the greatest things is that they have not hit any limits.

What needs improvement?

Like all cloud platforms, there are always areas of improvement around sync to local devices. We are very EXCITED about the soon to be released Box Desktop for streamed file content. We are looking to beta the tool!

We have been on the Box.com platform for almost three years.

We initially tried a low tech approach to our data migration that failed, too much data to simply push over the internet; in comes SkySync to the rescue. We used SkySync to migrate files and permission from our Windows fileserver to the Box.com platform.

Box.com is one of our Premier Technical Partners!

They take ownership of any issues, and work them quickly to resolution.

We were complexity on premises, prior to our move to Box.com

The more you plan the better your migration will go, you must pay careful attention to the differences in permission structures.

Have not run detailed numbers yet, though we plan to. The reduction in risk alone on PII, HIPAA and FERPA will be huge factors in our ROI calculations.

I'm in Higher Ed, so we purchase through Internet2-Net+. I absolutely recommend going that route for Higher Ed customers.

Yes, we looked at Dropbox and OneDrive. Box.com had the best compliance matrix for the enterprise that we saw.

What other advice do I have?

Love it!